Bitcoin Canada - Vancouver Bitcoin - Buy Bitcoin Canada
What Are Bitcoin ATMs and How Do They Work? – BeInCrypto
Binance Launches Platform '2.0' as Margin Trading Goes ...
Vancouver Bitcoin ATM Ban Is Wildly Misplaced - The ...
SFU Bitcoin ATM Vancouver, Canada Campus
Vancouver, vers une interdiction des ATM Bitcoin ? - Cryptoast
Bitcoin Teller in Vancouver CA - Coin ATM Radar
QuadrigaCX: A history of suspicious activity
This is a compilation of everything suspicious I found with Quadriga. Please let me know if there’s anything incorrect or missing Early History (2013-2017)
QuadrigaCX started in 2013 and made history by being the first crypto exchange to register with FINTRAC and accept gold bullion deposits. By 2015, Quadriga became Canada’s largest crypto exchange. So far, so good.
In March 2015, Quadriga attempted to go public and a month later, announced its intention to install Bitcoin ATMs across Canada. Both these plans were eventually aborted.
Even though Quadriga never listed, it started selling its shares over-the-counter. In Sep 2015, Quadriga stopped publishing audits. In March 2016, Quadriga was banned from selling shares after the BCSC issued a cease trade order (CTO) for not submitting an audit.
Around the same time, 3 of Quadriga’s 5 directors (Anthony Milewski, Lovie Horner, Bill Filtness) and CFO (Natasha Tsai) all resigned. Sometime in 2016, Director and Co-founder Michael Patryn resigned. This left Gerald Cotten ("Gerry") as the only remaining director.
Evidence shows that Michael Patryn has used several aliases (including Omar Dhanani) and is a convicted identity thief
Quadriga has changed its business address several times. It started as a Vancouver-based exchange, with its addresses changing from Commercial Dr, Nelson St, and Homer St. Eventually, the address moved to Toronto. None of these were physical office addresses, but instead a mail forwarding address.
The Terms of Service on Quadriga’s website have always suspiciously stated that:
All account fundings are considered to be purchases of QuadrigaCX Bucks. These are units that are used for the purposes of purchasing Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. QuadrigaCX Bucks are NOT Canadian Dollars. Any notation of $, CAD, or USD refers to an equivalent unit in QuadrigaCX Bucks, which exist for the sole purpose of buying and selling Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. QuadrigaCX is NOT a financial institution, bank, credit union, trust, or deposit business. We DO NOT take Deposits. We exist solely for the purposes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
Banking troubles throughout 2018
In late Dec 2017, Jose Reyes (CEO of Billerfy and Costodian Inc, Quadriga’s payment processor) moved over a million dollars from Quadriga’s account and into his own personal CIBC account
Shortly after, CIBC froze these funds and tried reaching out to Gerry, who refused to speak with them
All throughout 2018, Quadriga’s fiat withdrawal times took 2-3 months to complete. Quadriga kept citing the CIBC freeze as the reason. What’s very suspicious is how Quadriga constantly lied to customers with promises such as “the withdrawal backlog will be cleared in 1 week” or “your funds have been processed” when in fact they were months away from doing so.
Period leading up to Gerry’s death
On Nov 27, Gerry filed his will just 12 days before his death. He left a plane, two houses, and $100,000 for the care of his two Chihuahuas.
Gerry had a plan for all his personal affairs in the event of his death but he had no contingency plan for $180M CAD of crypto in cold storage that only he had the private keys to?
India is a suspicious place to travel, considering Gerry had a medical condition and considering how easy it is to get a death certificate there
After a severe bear market, most crypto businesses have been struggling and laying off staff. It’s odd that Gerry, who has no history of philanthropy, chooses to donate money. Especially when his exchange is having so many banking troubles.
The organization that built the orphanage states on their website that they take care of all construction. There was zero need for Gerry to go to India
A reddit post shows that the orphanage exists, although it’s a mystery where the image came from
Bitcoin fell 50% in Nov – the worst monthly decline in 7 years. Gerry’s death occurred shortly after
Gerry’s death and announcement
On Dec 9, Gerry died in India “due to complications of Crohn’s disease.” However, there is a low probability that Crohn’s disease is fatal, especially at the young age of 30
Just a couple days later, a reddit post indicated someone bought 300 BTC on Quadriga at a 25% premium and moved the funds out of the exchange
It took Quadriga over a month to announce Gerry’s death on Jan 14th.
Over the following 2 weeks, Quadriga continued to assure customers that “our hot wallets are being filled and withdrawals are going slower but will complete.”
On Jan 28th, Quadriga takes down their website. Initially they said “an upgrade is being performed,” then the message changed to “site maintenance” before being changed to “Quadriga has filed for creditor protection” on Jan 31st.
In the media, Gerry stated several times that Quadriga uses multi-sig cold storage. This is where 2/3 or 3/5 people can be used to authorize a transaction. Clearly no multisig was used if only Gerry had the private keys.
Formal Active Investigations
A preliminary court hearing was held on Feb 5, 2019 where the Canadian Apex Court appointed Ernst and Young (EY) as Monitor to further investigate into the matter. EY has stated that its an extraordinary challenge to decipher Quadriga's finances, as the company has no accounting records (and did not systematically track incoming and outgoing payments) nor a bank account in its name.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB), which gives Quadriga an F-rating, launched an investigation in Dec 2018
Quadriga has substantial personal information on its customers, including SIN, driver's license, and banking details. Given Quadriga's murky history, customers may have their identity at risk and should setup up credit report and identity theft alerts with either Equifax or TransUnion.
• Effective September 12th, 2019, U.S. customers to be blocked from trading on Binance.com.
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING SERVICES
• Polish cryptocurrency exchange Coinroom shuts down overnight and takes users funds • Coinbase now offers its crypto-to-Visa card for its users in Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands. • On June 21st, 2019, Bittrex will restricts 32 token trading markets for its U.S. customers • Binance to launch new exchange focused on U.S. customers with FinCEN-registered partner BAM Trading Services. • Leading cryptocurrency derivatives exchange BitMEX reports an increase in attacks on user account credentials. As a result, withdrawal requests must be verified via email and the firm is looking to make 2FA mandatory on the platform.
• The mayor of Vancouver pushes for outright ban of crypto ATM’s in the city. A decision to regulate, monitor or ban will be reached by Q4 2019. • The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is set to finalize guidance for cryptocurrency businesses by June 21st, 2019. • In an official business plan issued by The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA), the regulatory body looks to apply existing securities regulations to address crypto assets by 2022. The watchdog will first research and identify emerging regulatory issues and then proposing solutions to mitigate them.
• Visa launches Visa B2B Connect Network, a service designed to help Visa’s corporate clients create near instant international payments powered by distributed ledger technology.
• The largest bank in South Korea, KB Kookmin is gearing up to launch a digital asset custody solution in partnership with blockchain start-up Atomrigs Lab. • Bakkt will begin user testing for its physically delivered Bitcoin futures product on July 22nd, 2019. • Facebook brings on Visa, Mastercard and PayPal as backers of its own cryptocurrency. Each of the firms will invest U.S. $10 million into a foundation that will govern the asset. The list has since included Ebay, Coinbase, Andreessen Horowitz, Mastercard and Stripe.
• Code contributor Michael Ford will join existing maintainers Wladimir van Der Laan, Jonas Schnelli, Marco Falke, and Samuel Dobson to maintain the latest version of the bitcoin node software. • The cryptocurrency arm of payments company Square has announced former Director at Google, Steve Lee as its first hire. • Chief Marketing Officer of ConsenSys, Amanda Gutterman steps down from her role and will instead remain as an advisor.
• @nic_carter – “The role of a Bitcoin evangelist should be to manage expectations, not to inflate them” • @nic_carter – “Bitcoin may well be environmentally costly, but it is absolutely worth it, even if it cost 10x more. Because Bitcoin disempowers debt-financed consumerism which the ultimate environmental scourge” • @barrysilbert – “The launch of Facebook's cryptocurrency will go down in history as THE catalyst that propelled digital assets (including bitcoin) to mass global consumer adoption. Will be remembered as just as important -- and transformative -- as the launch of the Netscape browser. Buckle up”
The first ever Bitcoin ATM was launched in the downtown Vancouver area in 2013. Since then the amount of Bitcoin atm’s in Vancouver has risen exponentially. A Bitcoin atm isn’t really an atm. The closest comparison would be to a vending machine except the vending machine only dispenses goods, you can’t sell the goods back to the vending machine. The Bitcoin atm dispenses Bitcoin but you ... Source. Simon Fraser University Bitcoin ATM Vancouver – SFU in Vancouver, Canada becomes the first major academic institution in the world to install bitcoin ATMs on campus.The ATMs, dubbed ‘Bitcoin ATM Vancouver’ is installed next to the SFU’s main bookstore and many more bitcoin ATM installations are planned according to Simon Fraser University Bitcoin Club president Michael Yeung. Margin trading is available in pairs including bitcoin (BTC), ethereum (ETH), XRP, Binance coin (BNB), Tron (TRX) and tether (USDT) initially, but can be funded with all supported coins on Binance. Bitcoin ATMs (or BTMs, if you will) are gradually growing into one of the most popular means of buying cryptocurrencies. Ever since the world’s first-ever Bitcoin machine opened in Vancouver in 2013, there’s been a wave of ATM installations across the globe, as the market has grown into a sizable industry.. In this guide, we’ll take a look at what Bitcoin ATMs are, how they work, the ... Le gouvernement de Vancouver ne semble pas très satisfait de l'évolution du marché des cryptomonnaies au sein de leur ville, et la crainte croissante que les crypto-actifs puissent faciliter les opérations de blanchiment d'argent a incité les autorités à proposer une interdiction des ATM Bitcoin.. Selon le service de police de Vancouver, l’absence de réglementation et l’adoption ... Bitcoin ATM. Numerous ATM companies exist throughout the country with some of the largest Bitcoin atm networks in the world. Local Coin Atm for instance has over 140 Batm’s accross the nation including locations such as Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Montreal. came out of information the VPD (Vancouver Police Department) has collected that indicated the ATMs were being used to launder money. On that basis, the council should also be considering a ban on casinos, restaurants, luxury car sales, real estate, and (more than anything else) banks.But of course, it couldn’t do that because such a broad brush ignores all the legitimate businesses in those ... The number of bitcoin ATM locations has been rising steadily. Almost 9,000 bitcoin ATMs have been installed worldwide. The U.S. leads as the country with the largest number of bitcoin ATMs ... Binance Coin Price; Monero Price; MimbleWimbleCoin Price ; How to; Trade Boasting a community of over eight million people, eToro is one of the leading global trading and investment platform – and it specialises in cryptocurrencies. Although there are more than 1,200 assets to trade on eToro, which was founded in 2007, it is in the crypto space that it is particularly popular. The innovative ... City: Vancouver CA. Location: Vancouver Bitcoin. Business phone: Show number → 6045599499 IMPORTANT! In case of issues or questions about bitcoin ATM – please contact operator instead. Address: 1807 Burrard street unit 202 Vancouver, BC V6J 1H9 Canada. Open hours: Mon-Fri: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm Sat: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Sun: Closed. Bitcoin ...
How To: The Fastest Way To Buy Bitcoin Instantly Anytime Of The Day! *Cryptocurrency Tips* *BreadApp
**Want To Be Able To Buy Bitcoin Instantly Anytime And Anywhere? Download Breadwallet Breadwallet is a real standalone bitcoin client. There is no server to ... Spend $100 US on Coinbase and get $10 free by going through my link: http://bit.ly/2DiK0Br This is perhaps the most frequently asked question I get from peop... This was my first time using the new bitcoin ATM. Although it is expensive, and not completely instant, it is one of the fastest ways to convert some cryptoc... NEW CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9HlTrjyLmLRS0iE1P4rrg ----- Rich Dad Poor Dad: https://amzn.to/3cKJ4Ia C... http://bitcoin-informant.de/2020/09/17/972-xrp-verkaufsdruck-10000-bitcoin-atms-weltweit-bitcoin-visa-card-binance Hey Informanten, willkommen zur Bitcoin-In... Shakepay Link: https://shakepay.me/r/Z3AUZHI Note the Shakepay funding address has changed! It's now [email protected] Binance Link: https://www.binance.co... Bitcoin Kurs - Was ist mit Bakkt? BNB Coin vor Einbruch? Libra Game Over? GRAM Kaufen 0:48 - Kurs & Markt Update 2:55 - Bitcoin Kurs - Wo geht die Reise hin? 7:26 - Binance Coin BNB vor ... !!👨💻 SET UP A BINANCE US ACCOUNT 👩💻 !! https://www.binance.us/?ref=35000644 Binance US now allows you to use a Debit card to make purchases ... QFS NÄCHSTES DATUM voraus! Binance CRASH EU Regulierungen Bitcoin ATMs 5 Dinge für BITCOINER 🔥🔥 FFDK POWER BUNDLE: https://ffdk-shop.de/kryptotikel/s... Binance Exchange Secure Your Wealth With a Ledger Wallet https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/2fe1 Start Investing in Bitcoin & Other Crypto Currencies Sign Up To ...